Judas-iscariot sentence example
- They believed that Cain derived his existence from the superior power, and Abel from the inferior power, and that in this respect he was the first of a line which included Esau, Korah, the Sodomites and Judas Iscariot.
- Gospel of Judas Iscariot.
- in sacred art Judas Iscariot is generally treated as the very incarnation of treachery, ingratitude and impiety.
- He appears as the recognized leader of the Apostles in their choice of a new member of the Twelve to take the place of Judas Iscariot (Acts i.
- When the real nature of the ritual had become lost or obscured, it was natural to explain it by the help of an aetiological myth; in European folklore, images, corresponding to those burnt at the Daedala, were sometimes called Judas Iscariot or Luther (Golden Bough,2 iii.Advertisement
- also believed a revolting story as to the supernatural swelling of the body of Judas Iscariot.
- 19, " the field of blood "), the name given to the field purchased by Judas Iscariot with the money he received for the betrayal of Jesus Christ.
- In fact they are now reduced to eleven with Judas Iscariot having left the room.
- Daub had become so hopelessly addicted to this perverse principle that he deduced not only Jesus as the embodiment of the philosophical idea of the union of God and man, but also Judas Iscariot as the embodiment of the idea of a rival god, or Satan."
- The question raised by the photo was whether he was Judas-Iscariot type-a betrayer.Advertisement