Joyousness sentence example
- Another striking feature of Francis's character was his constant joyousness; it was a precept in his rule, and one that he enforced strictly, that his friars should be always rejoicing in the Lord.
- However, he worked on with his wonted cheerfulness and joyousness.
- There is in his poetry a joyousness and sprightliness which at once distinguish it from the work of any other Turkish author.
- 3), obviously fails to connect a spring festival of joyousness with the autumn vine harvest.
- The infectious joyousness of his nature, his sterling character, his solid, if not brilliant, intellect, and his prowess at games gave him an undisputed lead among his contemporaries.Advertisement
- After the first feeling of perplexity aroused in the parents by Berg's proposal, the holiday tone of joyousness usual at such times took possession of the family, but the rejoicing was external and insincere.
- In 1897 he was struck down with insanity, and after three months' confinement in the asylum at Upsala, although he recovered his senses, all his joyousness and wildness had left him.