Joyless sentence example
- "Who are those men, and why do their faces look so joyless?" asked the prince.
- There are various theories as to what exactly makes this sort of Scot so embittered and joyless.
- Also his job (teacher) gives him a rather joyless look which is expunged on the rare occasions of a smile.
- His approach paid dividends in Hal's confrontations with his equally joyless father.
- I am gathered here singing your praises and considering how, for the most part, my singing has become so joyless.Advertisement
- Andy died, Liza got fat, and the rest of us were condemned to a shabby and joyless social purgatory.
- (See especially Charles's Book of Enoch.) The doctrine of the resurrection of the righteous to life in the heavenly world became engrafted on to the old doctrine of Sheol, or the dark shadowy underworld (Hades), where life was joyless and feeble, and from which the soul might be for a brief space summoned forth by the arts of the necromancer.