Jottings sentence example
- The system of Forbes was reconstructed after his death from notebook jottings, and neither Garrod nor Forbes have left any permanent mark on.
- Soon men began to assist memory by making notes, and pupils sought to take written jottings of what they had heard from their teachers.
- " What was reduced to writing does not give us a work carried out after a preconcerted plan, but rather represents a series of jottings answering to the needs of the various individual writers, and largely intended to strengthen the memory " (Schechter).
- Stevens, Jottings on Stonehenge (1882); Edgar Barclay, Stonehenge and its Earth Works (1895); Lockyer, Stonehenge and other British Stone Monuments, Astronomically Considered (1906).
- He sat behind a low desk, with a few jottings on slips of paper, or textbooks marked on the margin, before him, and delivered an extemporaneous address, opening up the subject by partial glimpses, and with many anecdotes or familiar illustrations, till a complete idea of it was presented.Advertisement
- Jubilee Jottings When Her Majesty was at Balmoral recently she visited an old cottager living near.
- Some pages contain just a few jottings with page 17 containing one line: " She'll get over it.
- The next step was to actually explore the site, making quick on-the-spot jottings, which we shared afterward by reading aloud.
- She had jottings about bees, she had jottings about what you could make from household ingredients.
- They might fondly think of Matthew as following Jesus around with a notebook, making little jottings whenever he had a spare moment.Advertisement
- Here are a few jottings on my Sussex travels.
- On examination our notebooks turn up the usual collection of unhelpful random jottings, too many of which go in for botany.
- The notebooks had several purposes: notes for BJ's lectures and his sermons, or miscellaneous private jottings.
- There are some fillers here, notebook jottings that might chiefly interest somebody like myself with a professional interest in Sinclair's work.
- Here are some jottings for you to read when I am gone.Advertisement
- He left a large collection of personal jottings and memorabilia, most of which remain unpublished.