Jotted sentence example
- It is compiled out of an Adversaria, or commonplace book, in which he had jotted down everything of unusual interest that he heard in conversation or read in books, and it comprises notes on grammar, geometry, philosophy, history and almost every other branch of knowledge.
- After a jotted message to his wife who was back on the wire, Dean was on his way.
- He grabbed an order of French fries and a burger at the drive-in of a national chain, eating on the road, licking the salt from his fingers as he searched among the glass and steel structures for the address he had jotted down earlier.
- In the book as we have it there is no orderly exposition of a theory; it rather has the appearance of a collection of remarks jotted down by a pupil (somewhat after the manner of Xenophon's Memorabilia), or of extracts from a sage's notebook.
- Nearly all our information about the first forty-six years of his life before he became famous as the author of Tristram Shandy is derived from a short memoir jotted down by himself for the use of his daughter.Advertisement
- But in the midst of my studies some thoughts about prayer came to mind which I quickly jotted down.
- He frequently spoke for nearly an hour, and invariably from heads and subheads jotted down upon half a sheet of letter paper.
- These are the type of thoughts that should be jotted down in your notebook - even if the thoughts aren't complete - because you will refer back to these later.