Jostled sentence example
- The horses neighed and jostled one another.
- Brady jostled Lana's still body in his arms as he rose.
- On the front, too, the Russian attack came to a standstill and ebbed, for Soimonov's overcrowded battalions jostled one another and dissolved on the narrow and broken plateau.
- With a solemn triumphal march there mingled a song, the drip from the trees, and the hissing of the saber, "Ozheg-zheg-zheg..." and again the horses jostled one another and neighed, not disturbing the choir but joining in it.
- He could already see how these men, who looked so small at the foot of the hill, jostled and overtook one another, waving their arms and their sabers in the air.Advertisement
- Make sure your telephones haven't been jostled from their receivers.
- The vehicle was jostled as police moved in to disperse the mob.
- Traditional rights, differences of language, provincial autonomy, ecclesiastical assemblies, parlements, governors, intendants-vestiges of the past, or promises for the futureall jostled against and thwarted each other.
- Ladies gorgeously clad, and knights, showing by their dress and bearing their anxiety to revive the glories and the follies of the age of chivalry, jostled mountebanks, mendicants and vendors of all kinds.
- At the same time, these videos may be clearer and more aesthetically pleasing than jostled riding clips.Advertisement
- Because diamonds are the hardest known gemstones they are durable and perfect for use in a watch, which is easily bumped and jostled because it is worn on the wrist.
- She didn't notice until she'd jostled her way into the center of the church.
- Deidre followed, surprised then angry when people jostled her instead of moving from her path.
- Deidre stopped in the middle of the busy sidewalk, too angry at the idea of losing her friend and doctor to care when someone jostled by her.
- During the hour Pierre watched them they all came flowing from the different streets with one and the same desire to get on quickly; they all jostled one another, began to grow angry and to fight, white teeth gleamed, brows frowned, ever the same words of abuse flew from side to side, and all the faces bore the same swaggeringly resolute and coldly cruel expression that had struck Pierre that morning on the corporal's face when the drums were beating.Advertisement