Josias sentence example
- Stephen Hopkins Josias Lyndon.
- Josias Simler's Oratio, published in 1563 and translated into English in 1583, is the basis of subsequent accounts of Vermigli.
- Then the long continued unrest both in the mother country and in the province seems to have encouraged Josias Fendall, the proprietor's own appointee as governor, to strike a blow against the proprietary government and attempt to set up a commonwealth in its place; but this revolt was easily suppressed and order was generally preserved in the province from the English Restoration of 1660 to the English Revolution of 1688.
- Josias Fendall .
- having been lost, was long time after found again by Hilkiah and sent to King Josias (2 Kings xxii.Advertisement
- Coolidge's Josias Simler et les origines de l'alpinisme jusqu'en 1600 (1904) summarises our knowledge of the Alps up to 1600.
- Coolidge, Josias Simler et les origines de l'alpinisme jusqu'en 1600 (1904), and F.
- JOSIAS SIMLER (1530-1576), author of the first book relating solely to the Alps, was the son of the former prior of the Cistercian convent of Kappel (Canton of Zurich), and was born at Kappel, where his father was the Protestant pastor and schoolmaster till his death in 1557.1544 Simler went to Zurich to continue his education under his godfather, the celebrated reformer, Heinrich Bullinger.
- Lydney Canal William Whitworth He recommended Josias Jessop as consulting engineer for the canal.
- In 1753 he translated the Questions sur la commerce from the English of Josias Tucker, and wrote his Lettre sur la tolerance, and a pamphlet, Le Conciliateur, in support of religious tolerance.Advertisement