Jonquil sentence example
- The hardier forms of this set thrive in the open border, but the smaller sorts, like Queen Ann's jonquil, are better taken up in autumn and replanted in February; they bloom freely about April or May.
- A double form, very handsome on warm soils, is known as Queen Annes Jonquil.
- Jonquil (Hybrid Narcissi Jonquilla) - Long known in gardens, and imported from Italy and Holland for forcing in pots.
- The Jonquil, when strongly grown on a warm border, is handsome and very sweet-scented, and N. gracilis is the latest of all single Narcissi, as it blooms with N. poeticus fl.-pl. in May or early June.
- The double Jonquil is rarely seen doing well in open ground, but as a pot-plant it is handsome.Advertisement
- In Bloom by Jonquil: With its short length and white lace trim, this is the perfect matching style for the warmer weather months.