Jong sentence example
- The southern portion, from Lake Pangong to Tengri Nor, is inhabited by pastoral tribes of Tibetans, and possesses a few hamlets, such as Ombo, Rudok and Senja jong.
- (2) Khams or Khamdo, which includes all eastern Tibet between the Chinese, provinces of Szechuen and Yunnan, and the district of Lhorong jong, which forms the eastern border of the Lhasa-governed territory.
- For convenience of classification we may include in Khamdo a long strip of country extending along the northern border of the Lhasa territory of Lhorong jong and Larego as far as Tengri Nor, and bounded to the north by the Dang-la mountains, which is designated by Tibetans as Gyade or " the Chinese province."
- The administrative subdivisions of the Lhasa country, of which there are fifty-four, are called jong, or " prefecture," each of which is under the rule of two jong-pon, the one a lama, the other a layman.
- They returned by much the same way to near Khamba jong, and re-entered Sikkim by the Donkya pass.Advertisement
- Travelling by way of Khamba jong directly to Gyantse and Shigatse, he turned eastwards at the latter town, finished the survey of the Yamdok t'so, and crossed the Himalaya into the valley of the Lobratsangpo or Upper Manas river.
- At Shakhang jong he was arrested, and his true character discovered.
- In fact the advance to Lhasa, resumed after the storming of the Gyantse Jong (fort) on the" 6th of July, met with comparatively little opposition, and the capital was reached on the 3rd of August.
- Mah Jong: A tile matching game that has been played for centuries.
- Whether you like cats, candy or traditional Mah Jong style tiles, there is a tile set you'll enjoy.Advertisement
- They rank right up there with Mah Jong Solitaire and free puzzle games.
- Traditional Mah Jong is played with four players, each competing to complete a particular winning combination of tiles.
- Finding places online to play Taiwanese Mah Jong, for example, is more difficult, especially if you are restricting yourself to English-language websites.
- Here are two of the most prominent online communities where you can play Mah Jong against people all around the world, each with their advantages and disadvantages.
- Yahoo! is home to one of the largest online collection of casual games, so finding a variety of Mah Jong games there should be of little surprise.Advertisement
- Games provides for a very friendly Mahjong playing environment, making it a welcome experience for first time online Mah Jong players.