Jolting sentence example
- Later, the jolting of the plane awakened her with a start.
- The blade came to a jolting halt against the thick clump.
- Meeting a comrade at the last post station but one before Moscow, Denisov had drunk three bottles of wine with him and, despite the jolting ruts across the snow-covered road, did not once wake up on the way to Moscow, but lay at the bottom of the sleigh beside Rostov, who grew more and more impatient the nearer they got to Moscow.
- But hardly had he done so before he felt the bed rocking backwards and forwards beneath him as if it were breathing heavily and jolting.
- You may find that you are continually jolting yourself from your meditative state to find out how much time you have left.Advertisement
- She often selected classical composers such as Beethoven, causing unrest throughout the classical dance world as she paired her jolting, unheard of movements with pieces of music often associated with the traditional dance.
- If an open cup baby doll style sounds exotic, that's because the style, at least when you first see it, can be a bit jolting.
- Instead of sitting at his ease in a parlor car, he went jolting along through mud and mire, exposed to wind and weather.
- Ah... those peasants! shouted an officer, seizing by their shoulders and checking the peasants, who were walking unevenly and jolting the stretcher.
- "Very well, very well!" muttered the officer, threateningly, and turning his horse he trotted away, jolting in his saddle.Advertisement
- Closely allied to the question of safety is the problem of preventing jolting at curves; and to obtain easy running it is necessary not merely to adjust the levels of the rails in respect to one another, but to tail off one curve into the next in such a :nanner as to avoid any approach to abrupt lateral changes of direction.