Joist sentence example
- The new timber should be taken the full length of the old joist even if there is only a slight bow in the middle.
- The deck support joists are then fixed to the ledger board using joist hangers.
- In the case of a timber joist floor the floor joist floor the floor joists should be tied to the walls by means of steel ties.
- His hat was then thrown on to a joist of the stand to the general merriment of the away fans.
- The side roof trusses are supported at the bottom of the post member by joist hangers in the compartment wall.Advertisement
- The instructions on your deck plans will tell you exactly how far to place your joist apart.
- Always secure the brackets into a structural element like a stud or joist.
- The first joist is fixed appropriate distance away from the wall edge then spacing timbers at 400mm centers.
- Make sure you are anchoring your tracks to a stud or ceiling joist.
- While you're at it, make sure that the box is securely fastened to the overhead joist or beam.Advertisement
- Special boxes designed for use with ceiling fans are sturdier than standard boxes and will typically have a support bar or attach directly to a joist.