Jingling sentence example
- The word of command rang out, and again the regiment quivered, as with a jingling sound it presented arms.
- Hardly had Rostov handed him the letter and finished explaining Denisov's case, when hasty steps and the jingling of spurs were heard on the stairs, and the general, leaving him, went to the porch.
- Though the performance was proceeding, he walked deliberately down the carpeted gangway, his sword and spurs slightly jingling and his handsome perfumed head held high.
- The ground was damp but not muddy, and the troops advanced noiselessly, only occasionally a jingling of the artillery could be faintly heard.
- Belly dancer costumes combine the elements of bright colors, flowing fabrics, shiny metals and jingling sounds to draw attention to the movements of the dancer.Advertisement
- The frame is crossed by four metal horizontal rods passing through holes large enough to allow them to rattle when the sistrum is shaken, the rods being prevented from slipping out altogether by little metal stops in the shape of a leaf; sometimes metal rings are threaded over the rods to increase the jingling.
- Foremost among them was the hospital founded by George Heriot - the " Jingling Geordie " of Scott's Fortunes of Nigel - the goldsmith and banker of James VI.
- All sorts of jingling sounds also are music to the ear, especially the clattering in time of strings of beans in their dry shells, and so these and other rattles are found attached to the drum, leg-bands and many of the utensils, implements and weapons.
- But at that moment Denisov, no more intimidated by his superiors than by the enemy, came with jingling spurs up the steps of the porch, despite the angry whispers of the adjutants who tried to stop him.