Jigs sentence example
- Typically they use single bowing on jigs with occassional double and triple slurred sections.
- There are lilting hornpipes, exciting jigs and reels, along with some slow and haunting tunes.
- The dancers will perform jigs and reels in both soft and heavy shoes.
- Our repertoire mainly comprises well known Irish folk songs to get the audience singing and lively jigs and reels to set the toes tapping.
- Expect to hear everything from ' Whiskey in the Jar ' to traditional jigs & reels.Advertisement
- slip jigs are much less common in Scottish music that, I think, in Irish music.
- But these " jigs," as the Elizabethans would have called them, dissatisfied the popular ear in one way: they were, like old English ballads, which they closely resembled, in rhyme, but void of alliteration, and accordingly they were modified and replaced by the " rimur," the staple literary product of the 15th century.
- The Commission has created a more competitive nature of dance, with 30 dances performed to jigs and reels published in the "book" of dances Ar Rinncidhe Foirne.