Jhils sentence example
- Notwithstanding the large number of streams, the depression of their channels and height of their banks render them for the most part unsuitable for the purposes of irrigation, - which is conducted by means of jhils and tanks.
- The other, short and broad, and in great part occupied by swamps and jhils, separates the Garo, Khasi and Naga hills from those of Tippera and the Lushai country.
- Numerous shallow ponds or jhils mark the former beds of the shifting rivers.
- These jhils have great value, not only as preservatives against inundation, but also as reservoirs for irrigation.
- The jhils supply the villages with wild rice, the roots and seeds of the lotus, and the singhara water-nut.Advertisement
- It stretches out in a level plain interspersed with numerous jhils or marshes.