Jeunesse sentence example
- Nasica, Memoires sur l'enfance et la jeunesse de Napoleon I.
- In February 1795 he was again arrested, and the Tribun du peuple was solemnly burnt in the Theatre des Bergeres by the jeunesse doree, the young men whose mission it was to bludgeon Jacobinism out of the streets and cafes.
- See Vallet de Viriville, Isabeau de Baviere (1859); Marcel Thibault, Isabeau de Baviere, Reine de France, La Jeunesse,j 1 37 0 - 1405 (1903).
- He was educated at the Ecole Polytechnique, Paris, and, after a period of mental struggle which he has described in Souvenirs de ma jeunesse, he was ordained priest in 1832.
- Sprengtporten was haunted by the fixed idea that the jeunesse doree of the court was in league with his old enemies to traduce and supplant him, and not all the forbearance of the king could open his eyes.Advertisement
- In connexion with his study of the Holy Roman Empire, and the cause of its decline, he wrote a number of articles which were published in the Revue des Deux Mondes; and he wrote Trois empereurs d'Allemagne (1888), La Jeunesse du grand Frederic (1891) and Frederic II.
- His other works are: Systeme universel (8 vols., 1812); Du Sort de l'homme (3 vols., 1820); Cours de philosophie (8 vols., 1824), reproduced as Explication universelle (3 vols., 1826-1828); Jeunesse, maturite, religion, philosophie (1837), De la phrenologie, du magnetisme, et de la folie (1843).
- He was nearly sixty when, in 1883, he published those Souvenirs d'enfance et de jeunesse which, after the Life of Jesus, are the work by which he is chiefly known.
- This dance theater production for 6-12 year olds won the prestigious 2001 Prix de l'Office franco-quebecois pour la jeunesse.
- Though he received, like all the heirs-apparent to the Russian throne, a certain amount of military training, his personal tastes did not lie in that direction, nor did he show any inclination for the boisterous amusements of the jeunesse doree of St Petersburg.Advertisement
- Commissioned, along with Barras in 1793, to establish the authority of the convention at Marseilles and Toulon, he distinguished himself in the atrocity of his reprisals, but both afterwards joined the Thermidoriens, and Freron became the leader of the jeunesse doree and of the Thermidorian reaction.