Jeu sentence example
- Out of all the "jeu de boules", pétanque has the easiest set of rules and this is perhaps why it is one of the most popular games of bowls.
- His extant works are - (i) a speech before Arcadius, De regno; (2) Dio, sive de suo ipsius instituto, in which he signifies his purpose to devote himself to true philosophy; (3) Encomium calvitii (he was himself bald), a literary jeu d'esprit, suggested by Dio Chrysostom's Praise of Hair; (4) De providentia, in two books; (5) De insomniis; (6) 157 Epistolae; (7) 12 Hymni, of a contemplative, Neoplatonic character; and several homilies and occasional speeches.
- Among his own productions are a treatise, De la morale des peres, a history of ancient treaties contained in the Supplement au grand corps diplomatique, and the curious Traite du jeu (1709), in which he defends the morality of games of chance.
- Whether Pope had really understood the tendency of his own work has always been doubtful, but there is no question that he was glad of an apologist, and that Warburton's jeu d'esprit in the long run did more for his fortunes than all his erudition.
- His prose Avis au peuple francais (August 24, 1790) was followed by the rhetorical Jeu de paume, a somewhat declamatory moral ode addressed "a Louis David, peintre."Advertisement
- It can also be referred to as le jeu provençal referring to its French history commencing in Provence.
- However, modern pétanque is different in rules than is jeu provençal, with a smaller playing field and some different rules regarding movement with the ball.
- Most enthusiasts would differentiate between the two referring to jeu de provençal instead as an ancestor of today's pétanque.
- Before long, a version of Fierges, called Jeu Force, was developed that included mandatory jumps making it more interesting and challenging to play.