Jettison sentence example
- For many centuries Egypt was famous as a wheat raiser; it was a cargo of wheat from Alexandria which St Paul helped to jettison on one of his shipwrecks, as was also, in all probability, that of the "ship of Alexandria whose sign was Castor and Pollux," named in the same narrative.
- Speedferries will, in addition, have an absolute discretion to jettison, land, destroy or render innocuous any goods such as those described above.
- The rules are as follows: Rule I.-Jettison Of Deck Cargo No jettison of deck cargo shall be made good as G.A.
- Time is of the essence, so you want to possess the capacity to jettison significant portions of the original idea and move on to the next iteration.
- jettison the weight easily in the unlikely event of a water landing.Advertisement
- jettison fuel which collect in space and act as a shield.
- The Sea of Faith must not jettison this half of our tradition.
- (See Rules I.-IX.) And in Rule I., as to jettison of deck cargo, a change is made from the common law rule, for the jettison is not allowed as G.A.
- jettison the notion of selling transactions and focus on relationship building.
- Rule Ii.-Damage By Jettison And Sacrifice For The Common Safety Damage done to a ship and cargo, or either of them, by or in consequence of a sacrifice made for the common safety, and by water which goes down a ship's hatches opened, or other opening made for the purpose of making a jettison for the common safety, shall be made good as G.A.Advertisement
- He himself must bear a part of it, for those goods formed part of the adventure for whose safety the jettison was made; and it is owing to the partial safety of the adventure that any contribution at all is received by him.