Jersey city sentence example
- Grain is shipped to and from Jersey City in large quantities, and in general the city is an important shipping port; being included, however, in the port of New York, no separate statistics are available.
- Bayonne is served by the Central of New Jersey and by the Lehigh Valley railways (the latter for freight only), and by electric railway lines to Newark and Jersey City.
- For transportation facilities the town depends upon the railways serving Hoboken and Jersey City.
- Ferries ply at frequent intervals between numerous points on its west waterfront and points in Manhattan; there is also ferry connexion with Jersey City.
- The chief manufacturing centres in ($ 1 05, as judged by the value of their products, were Newark 1 5 0, 0 55, 2 77), Jersey City ($75,740,934), Bayonne ($60,633,761), Paterson ($54,673,083), Perth Amboy ($34,800,402), Camden ($33,5 8 7, 2 73), and Trenton ($32,719,945).Advertisement
- West Hoboken and Jersey City are also important producers.
- The only deep water terminals of the state are Jersey City and Hoboken.
- The chief cities in 1910 were Newark (pop. 347,469), Jersey City (267,779), Paterson (1 2 5,600), Trenton (96,815), Camden (94,538) and Hoboken (70,324).
- A trading hut built at Paulus Hook in 1633 was the beginning of the present Jersey City.
- Before daylight on the 19th of August 1779 was approaching, Major Henry Lee with a force of about 400 men surprised the British garrison at Paulus Hook, where Jersey City now stands, and, although sustaining a loss of 20 men, killed 50 of the garrison and took about 160 prisoners.Advertisement
- When we got to Jersey City at six o'clock Friday evening we were obliged to cross the Harlem River in a ferry-boat.
- Web MD offers a list of ENT specialists near the New Jersey city.