Jeremias sentence example
- Delitzsch, Jeremias (Monotheistische Stromungen) and Baentsch, that monotheistic tendencies are to be found in the midst of Babylonian polytheism.
- His principal discovery has been the extensive remains of the Coptic monastery of St Jeremias, with remarkable sculptures and frescoes.
- He wrote Die siebzig Jahre des Jeremias u.
- See Jeremias, Das Alte Testament im Lichte des Alten Orients, p. 121, I; Winckler, Die Keilinschriften and das Alte Testament', p. 333 s Reville, Religions of Mexico and Peru, p. 129.
- Jeremias, Das Alte Testament im Lichte des alten Orients, p. 278, adopts Marquart's view that the "River" (nahar) is the socalled "River" (better "Ravine" nahal) of Egypt or Musri, on the southern frontier of Judea.Advertisement
- 3, p. 5 2 9; Jeremias, Das Alte Test.
- It is perhaps even more noteworthy that figures thought to be cherubs have been found at Zenjirli, within the ancient North Syrian kingdom of Ya'di (see Jeremias, Das Alte Testament im Lichte des Alten Orients, pp. 350 f.); we may combine this with the fact that one of the great gods of this kingdom was called Rakab'el or Rekub'el (also perhaps Rakab or Rekub).