Jenkinson sentence example
- In 1561 Anthony Jenkinson arrived in Persia with a letter from Queen Elizabeth to the shah.
- 1510) furnished maps of the British Isles, Olaus Magnus (1539) of Scandinavia, Anton Wied (1542), Sigismund von Herberstein (1549) and Anthony Jenkinson (1562) of Muscovy.
- Jenkinson, Aaron Burr (Richmond, Ind., 1902).
- Jenkinson, Early English Printed Books in the Univ.
- About the middle of the 16th century it was the seat of an English commercial factory, under the traveller Jenkinson, afterwards envoy extraordinary of the khan of Shirvan to Ivan the Terrible of Russia.Advertisement
- In this case it might have been easily confounded with a gulf of the Caspian (as by Jenkinson).
- Other three volumes appeared in 1772-1781, the collection commonly known as that of C. Jenkinson (3 vols.) in 1785 and that of G.
- Jenkinson in 1889.
- The son of a former Rector of Passenham, John Jenkinson was a silk mercer, linen draper and wool stapler.