Jenkin sentence example
- Fleeming Jenkin was educated at first in Scotland, but in 1846 the family went to live abroad, owing to financial straits, and he studied at Genoa University, where he took a first-class degree in physical science.
- In 1882 Jenkin invented an automatic method of electric transport for goods - "telpherage" - but the completion of its details was prevented by his death on the 12th of June 1885.
- His memoir of his friend Professor Fleeming Jenkin was published soon after his departure.
- The relation between the effort and the resistance in a machine to include the effect of friction at the joints has been investigated in a paper by Professor Fleeming Jenkin, On the application of graphrc methods to the determination of the efficiency of machinery (Trans.
- Later, in conjunction with Prof. Fleeming Jenkin, he devised his automatic curb sender, an appliance for sending signals by means of punched telegraphic paper tape.Advertisement
- But no increase in the coefficient of friction had been detected at slow speeds, until the experiments of Prof. Fleeming Jenkin (Phil.
- Clerk Maxwell, Balfour Stewart and Fleeming Jenkin as members of that committee.
- The main attraction is the Jenkin Lecture to be given by David Witt.
- shadow cabinet member, Bernard Jenkin.
- On 10th April, Elizabeth Jenkin is holding a soiree for friends and family with pianist Genevieve Ellis at her home in Chiswick.Advertisement
- HENRY CHARLES FLEEMING JENKIN (1833-1885), British engineer, was born near Dungeness on the 25th of March 1833, his father (d.
- Jenkin's interests were by no means confined to engineering, but extended to the arts and literature; his miscellaneous papers, showing his critical and unconventional views, were issued posthumously in two volumes (1887).
- The campaign for extinction is being lead by Tory shadow cabinet member, Bernard Jenkin.