Jefe sentence example
- The states are divided into districts and these into municipios, the executive head of which is a jefe politico.
- The governors of the federal territories are appointees of the president of the republic, and the jefe politico of each territorial municipio is an appointee of the governor.
- The larger political divisions of the state (partidos, distritos, &c.) are governed by a jefe politico, or prefect, and the smaller by a municipal council called an ayuntamiento.
- Each of the twenty-two departments is administered by an official called a jefe politico, or political chief, appointed by the president, and each is subdivided into municipal districts.
- The Galapagos Islands were declared a dependency of the province of Guayas in 1885, but are practically independent and constitute a second territory under the administration of a jefe territorial appointed by the national executive.Advertisement
- Bancroft, Arizona and New Mexico (San 2 Under the republic until 1837 the governor was officially designated as jefe politico; after that date as gobernador.