Jeanne d'arc sentence example
- After the siege was raised, Suffolk was defeated and taken prisoner by Jeanne d'Arc at Jargeau on the 12th of June 1429.
- James now granted his daughter, a child, to the Dauphin, later Louis XI.; but, as Jeanne d'Arc said, " the daughter of the king of Scotland could not save Orleans," then (1428-1429) besieged in a desultory manner by the English.
- The surviving Scots fought under Jeanne d'Arc till her last success, at Lagny, under Sir Hugh Kennedy of Ardstinchar in Ayrshire, but James (May, June 1429) made a treaty of peace with Cardinal Beaufort, which enabled Beaufort to send large reinforcements into Paris, where the Maid, deserted by Charles VII., failed a few months later.
- Cantatas: Prometheus-chore; " Beethoven Cantata "; " An die Kiinstler "; Die Glocken des Strassburger Miinsters; 12 Chore far Mannergesang; Songs, 8 books; Scena, Jeanne d'Arc au bflcher.
- Quicherat's great work, Le Proces de Jeanne d'Arc (1841-1849), a collection of the texts so full and so vivid that they reveal the character and life of the heroine with great distinctness.Advertisement
- Dunand, Jeanne d'Arc et l'eglise (1908); and especially Andrew Lang, The Maid of France (1908).
- There is a full description of French fairies of the 15th century in the evidence of Jeanne d'Arc at her trial (1431) in Quicherat's Proces de Jeanne d'Arc, vol.