Jama sentence example
- The Jama Masjid itself, which he built in A.D.
- Outside the fort the places of most importance are the sarai and gardens of Khasru, the son of the Emperor Jehangir, and the Jama Masjid or Great Mosque.
- The buildings of interest in the town are a palace, built by Akbar, called the Lal Kila or the Red Fort, and the Jama Masjid or Great Mosque, built by Ali Khan, one of the Farukhi dynasty, in 1588.
- For ceremonial purposes a coat called jama is worn.
- In country districts he wears a jarna, and over the jama a pechodi or shoulder cloth.Advertisement
- This year is called the year of union (jama`a).
- Thus the protracted war against Ibn Zobair was brought to an end; hence this year (71) also is called the "year of union" (jama'a).
- A short distance south of the Chandni Chauk the Jama Masjid, or Great Mosque, rises boldly from a small rocky eminence.
- The imperial palace, the Jama Masjid or Great Mosque, and the restoration of what is now the western Jumna canal, are the work of Shah Jahan.
- The next king worth mentioning is Ali Adil Shah I., who reigned from 1557 to 1579 and, besides the fort, built the Jama Masjid or great mosque, the aqueducts and other notable works in the city.Advertisement
- Entering by the west (or Akcha) gate, one passes under three arches, which are probably the remnants of a former Jama Masjid.
- Drysdales-Search for toddler boots by brand name, including Smoky Mountain Boots, Jama Old West, and Durango.