Jailer sentence example
- "Darkyn made you the jailer," Rhyn growled.
- As Dean left the building, the jailer sauntered back to Fred's cell.
- There was no sign of Fitzgerald, Lydia Larkin, the jailer, or Fred O'Connor.
- In a city of the first class, a mayor, two aldermen from each ward, a police judge, and a treasurer who may be ex officio tax-collector are elected, and an attorney, a clerk, a chief of police, an assessor, a street commissioner, a jailer, a surveyor, and, where there is a paid fire department, a chief engineer with one or more assistants, may be appointed by the mayor with the consent of the council.
- But the jailer said, "Come, boys, it is time to lock up"; and so they dispersed, and I heard the sound of their steps returning into the hollow apartments.Advertisement
- He's harassing my jailer!
- Ully cursed as he moved to seek cover from the downpour. Safe beneath his jungle roof, Toby watched him. The brave, cheerful Ully that sat with him in Hell seemed lost in the underworld, and Toby began to suspect there was another reason their jailer, Jared, had freed them.
- Why the jailer does not leave open his prison doors--why the judge does not dismis his case--why the preacher does not dismiss his congregation!
- Dean asked, drawing a smile from the matronly jailer.
- Something unspoken passed between them as Fred returned, his arm around his jailer's shoulders.Advertisement
- They exited the jailer's room into a long hallway, and Ully turned to him.
- Rhyn opened the door, surprised to find the jailer's room empty. He'd expected Jared at least. He closed the door quietly behind him. He snatched the talisman hanging near the door, the one that freed inmates from their cells. He ignored the quickening of his pulse as he entered the familiar cell block.
- He emerged outside the jailer's door and readied himself for a confrontation. The sounds of activity were thick in the hallways behind him, and he listened, trying to determine if he could hear any sounds that the demons were victorious in the underworld.
- His testimony had converted the jailer and his family.
- Because of such injustices the Philippian jailer and his household was converted, and a whole battalion of Roman soldiers heard the Gospel.Advertisement
- How did the Land of the Free become the world's leading jailer?
- Fred returned part way through the recital, and after a greeting and a handshake, retired to the back room with Kathleen the jailer to fill out paper work for his release.