Jacquerie sentence example
- Nevertheless, a simultaneous outbreak of a jacquerie in Little-Russia contributed to the extension of the confederation throughout the eastern province of Poland and even in Lithuania.
- Dozsa's camp at Czegled was the centre of the jacquerie, and from thence he sent out his bands in every direction, pillaging and burning.
- The one answer was the Shepherds' Crusade, or Crusade of the Pastoureaux - "a religious Jacquerie," as it has been called by Dean Milman.
- A hideous jacquerie followed for three or four days; during which cartloads of dead were carried into Tarnow, where the peasants received a reward for every " rebel " brought in.
- Thus Scotland never saw a jacquerie or servile rising.Advertisement
- War again broke out, quickly followed by a new treaty, after which the king of Navarre took part in suppressing the peasant rising known as the Jacquerie.
- But the crusade degenerated into a jacquerie which ravaged the whole kingdom, and much discredited Bak6cz.
- The Maillotins of Paris found imitators in other great towns; and in Auvergne and Vivarais ~~o1t the Tuchins renewed the Jacquerie.
- The condition of northern France was rendered more desperate by the outbreak (MayJune 1358) of the peasant revolt known as the Jacquerie, which was repressed with a barbarity far exceeding the excesses of the rebels.