Itala sentence example
- For the text of scripture he uses both the Latin versions, the Itala and the Vulgate, often comparing them together.
- In the south-eastern Transvaal Botha made a new effort to invade Natal, but, although he captured 300 men and three guns in an action on the 17th of September at Blood River Poort near Vryheid, his plans were rendered abortive by his failure to reduce the posts of Mount Prospect and Fort Itala in Zululand, which he attacked on the 26th, and he only escaped with difficulty from the converging columns sent against him.
- In September 1901 Louis Botha made an attempt to invade Natal by way of Zululand, but the stubborn defence made by the small posts at Itala and Prospect Hill, both within the Zulu border, caused him to give up the project.
- Of the Latin there are two chief forms, the old translation, sometimes called the Itala, and that of Jerome in the Vulgate.
- The Itala was published by Pierre Sabatier at Paris in 1751, and is reproduced in the Book of Tobit by Neubauer (Clarendon Press, 1878).Advertisement
- Jerome does not mention the Itala, but it is plain that he was indebted to it.
- Even in the Itala the word aeterna is added in xii.
- Travel to Hluhluwe, renowned for its work in saving the rhino, or Itala Game Reserve.