Isobars sentence example
- The low had moved NE to be in the Bay of Biscay tightening isobars across the S UK.
- Too many low pressure systems with closely packed isobars are stubbornly sitting in our path.
- Second is the pressure chart showing the isobars in the South Atlantic.
- At 0900 GMT pressure here was 1018 mb and with slack isobars there was little or no wind, what there was was S'ly.
- The direction of the mean annual isobars shows that the normal wind in all parts of England and Wales must be from the south-west on the west coast, curving gradually until in the centre of the country, and on the east coast it is westerly, without a southerly component.Advertisement