Ischemia sentence example
- Late manifestations may include angina pectoris, myocardial ischemia, myocardial infarction, congestive heart failure and severe mitral regurgitation.
- Reduced myocardial ischemia has been observed in patients treated with statins.
- Hence angioplasty is rarely an approach for these patients until critical limb ischemia develops.
- The resulting low cardiac output can cause hypotension, renal insufficiency and/or acute hepatic ischemia.
- For this discussion, it's especially noteworthy that vitamin E may have direct beneficial effects against cardiac ischemia  .Advertisement
- Occlusive disease and the resulting ischemia threaten the viability of the lower limb, particularly in diabetics.
- "Falling asleep" occurs when the blood supply to a nerve is cut off-a condition called ischemia.
- Ischemia usually occurs when an artery is compressed as it passes through a tightly flexed joint.
- For those with frequent paresthesias caused by ischemia, changes in posture may help.
- Twisting of any portion of the intestines may cut off the supply of blood to a loop of bowel (strangulation), reducing the flow of oxygen to bowel tissue (ischemia) and leading to tissue death (gangrene).Advertisement
- Some children with intussusception may appear lethargic or have altered mental status, believed by physicians to be related to ischemia of the bowel and a decreased level of consciousness.
- Stress on the bone, ischemia (reduced blood supply), and trauma to the site are commonly mentioned factors.