Irremovable sentence example
- Though Hastings was thus irremovable, his policy did not escape censure.
- The chief executive officer is styled administrator and is chosen by the Union ministry; the administrator is appointed for five years and is irremovable.
- In 1344 they became officials (officiers) fixed but not yet irremovable.
- The judiciary was irremovable, and trial by jury was allowed for criminal offences.
- Foreign governments often complain of this power of the Senate, because it prevents them from being able to rely upon the carrying out of arrangments they have made with the executive; but as the president is not responsible to Congress and is irremovable (except by impeachment) during his term of office, there would be objections to giving him an.Advertisement
- In the former he claimed, for the protection of the rights of private persons in the administration of justice, the institution of a special court whose members should be irremovable, the right of oral defence, and publicity of trial.
- Infant car seats come plastered with irremovable directions regarding proper use directly on the car seat.
- The conseil general fell more and more into the background, the members of the other councils gradually obtained the privilege of being irremovable, and the system of co-optation resulted in the creation of a close monopoly of political offices in the hands of a few leading families.
- The superior courts of law formed part of the palace, and there were tribunals in the principal cities, over each of which presided a supreme judge or cihuacoatl, who was irremovable, and whose criminal decisions not even the king might reverse; he appointed the lower judges and heard appeals from them; it is doubtful whether he judged in civil cases, but both kinds of suits were heard in the court below, by the tlacatecatl and his two associates, below whom were the ward-magistrates.
- Rumania (1828-56), when magistrates were made irremovable, and new tribunals created, including a petty court in each rural commune.Advertisement