Irrationality sentence example
- This property is referred to as the "irrationality of dispersion."
- The general test of irrationality which he established is that, if a l a, a, be an interminate continued fraction, a l, a2,
- This is usually due to their irrationality and insecurity about their illness.
- The great abstract ideas (considered directly and not merely in tacit use) which have dominated the science were due to them - namely, ratio, irrationality, continuity, the point, the straight line, the plane.
- In 1761 he proved the irrationality of 7r; a simpler proof was given somewhat later by Legendre.Advertisement
- In one of the notes Legendre gives a proof of the irrationality of 7r.
- The irrationality of dispersion is well illustrated by C.Christiansen's experiments on the dispersive properties of white powders.
- Lambert, 1 " read before the Berlin Academy in 1761, in which he demonstrated the irrationality of 7r.
- This want of proportion in the dispersion for different regions of the spectrum is called the "irrationality of dispersion"; and it is as a direct consequence of this irrationality, that there exists a secondary spectrum or residual colour dispersion, showing itself at the focus of all such telescopes, and roughly in proportion to their size.
- These glasses, however, still hold the field, although glasses are now produced whose irrationality of dispersion has been reduced to a very slight amount.Advertisement
- Moreover the greater depths of the curves (or "curvature powers") in itself neutralize more or less the advantages obtained from the reduced irrationality of dispersion.