Irrational-numbers sentence example
- Graphic methods also enter into the consideration of irrational numbers (ï¿½ 65).
- These are isolated cases of irrational numbers.
- This insertion of irrational numbers (with corresponding negative numbers) requires for its exact treatment certain special methods, which form part of the algebraic theory of number, and are dealt with under Number.
- Evolution and involution are usually regarded as operations of ordinary algebra; this leads to a notation for powers and roots, and a theory of irrational algebraic quantities analogous to that of irrational numbers.
- Although this transition from the discontinuous to continuous is not truly scientific, yet it materially augmented the development of algebra, and Hankel affirms that if we define algebra as the application of arithmetical operations to both rational and irrational numbers or magnitudes, then the Brahmans are the real inventors of algebra.Advertisement
- For the application of continued fractions to the theory of O o O b 3 O O a3 b4 O - I a 4 b5 b2 irrational numbers there is P. Bachmann's Vorlesungen fiber die Natur der Irrationalzahnen (1892).
- Graphic methods also enter into the consideration of irrational numbers (Ã¯¿½ 65).