Involute sentence example
- ~s Now, suppose a tracing point T Pa to be fixed to the cord, so as to be carried along the path of con- Dz a tact P11P2, that point will trace on a plane rotating along with the wheel I part of the involute of the base-circle DfD1, and on a plane rotating along with the wheel 2
- Consequently, one of the forms suitable for the teeth of wheels is the involute of a circle; and the obliquity of the action of such teeth is the angle whose cosine is the ratio of the radius of their base-circle to that of the pitch-circle of the wheel.
- This result, which is exact for involute teeth, is approximately true for teeth of any figure.
- 39), as in banana and apricot; or its edges are rolled inwards, involute (fig.
- The teeth of a rack, to work correctly with wheels having involute teeth, should have plane surfaces perpendicular to the line of connection, and consequently making with the direction of motion of the rack angles equal to the complement of the obliquity of action.Advertisement
- The smallest number of teeth in a pinion for epicycloidal teeth ought to be twelve (see 49)but it is better, for smoothness of motion, not to go below fifteen; and for involute teeth the smallest number is about twenty-four.