Invokes sentence example
- " The Messiah invokes all the sufferings, pain, and afflictions of Israel to come upon Him.
- Once only, with the calm assurance of one who knew that his prayer would be answered, he invokes the God of his fathers.
- Al-Mostanjid billah ("he who invokes help from God"), the son of Moqtafi, enlarged the dominion of the Caliphate by making an end to the state of the Mazyadites in Hillah.
- It invokes a vision of a grand sweep of time, a quest for meaning in the course of history.
- If the event is a ContainerEvent, it invokes the processContainerEvent method, else it invokes its superclass 's processEvent.Advertisement
- That's exactly the feeling this bikini invokes.
- The monokini invokes a sense of adventure and fashion flair, the kind of style super models might wear.
- Searching for a Christmas tree is often a heartfelt journey, which invokes warm feelings of the holidays, tradition, and home.
- Some combinations lend themselves well to a gluten-free bread recipe that invokes memories of holidays at home.
- Incorporating imagery like barbed wire or daggers with your Gothic cross tattoo invokes a message of mystery, anger and pain.Advertisement
- Done in a pale, grey blue, this gown almost invokes the feel of moonlight as it shimmers this way and that.
- All phenomena, moral as well as material, are contemplated by him in their relation to one great organic whole, which he acknowledges under the name of "Natura daedala rerum," and the most beneficent manifestations of which he seems to symbolize and almost to deify in the "Alma Venus," whom, in apparent contradiction to his denial of a divine interference with human affairs, he invokes with prayer in the opening lines of the poem.