Inviolate sentence example
- inviolate, from "health, well-being," or from "good-omen," "augury."
- Lighted tapers are also placed in the hands of the newly-baptized, or of their god-parents, with the admonition " to preserve their baptism inviolate, so that they may go to meet the Lord when he comes to the wedding."
- James Thomson (" B.V.") speaks " of the restful rapture of the inviolate grave," and sings the praises of death and of oblivion.
- The loyalty of the Prussian army remained inviolate; but the king was too tender-hearted to use military force against his "beloved Berliners," and when the victory of the populace was thus assured his impressionable temper yielded to the general enthusiasm.
- Species barriers are significant in nature, but not inviolate, he said.Advertisement
- Still let the hero from the start In honest sweat and beats of heart Push on along the untrodden road For some inviolate abode.
- One proof that the human telos or essence is inviolate is exploitation, the violation of our claims to material equality.
- They can appeal to a half century of border stability which, however smashed down elsewhere, remains inviolate in Central Europe.
- untread let the hero from the start In honest sweat and beats of heart Push on along the untrodden road For some inviolate abode.
- Bulygin, Mirski's successor, had no knowledge of this until after its publication; he hastened to the tsar and obtained the issue on the same day of a rescript which, while reserving the " fundamental laws of the empire " inviolate, stated the emperor's intention of summoning the representatives of the people to aid in " the preparation and examination of legislative proposals."Advertisement