Invert sentence example
- Invert the prepared pans and tap the bottoms to get rid of the excess flour.
- After about 4 minutes, carefully slip the frittata onto a plate, invert and return to the pan.
- Incubate the plate overnight at 37 ° C right side up and then invert and incubate the plate overnight at 37 ° C right side up and then invert and incubate until colonies form.
- Allow to cool slightly then invert the tart onto a plate.
- Invert sugar has a lower water activity than that of sucrose, so invert sugar has a lower water activity than that of sucrose, so inverts provide more powerful preserving qualities (shelf life ).Advertisement
- To invert the formula we may write 1 +aiox+aoly+...
- The invention of the barometer and Torricelli's explanation of the vacuity above the mercury column placed before the members of the Florentine academy a ready method of obtaining vacua; for to exhaust a vessel it was only necessary to join, by means of a tube provided with stopcocks, the vessel to a barometer tube, fill the compound vessel with mercury and then to invert it in a basin containing this liquid, whereupon the mercury column fell, leaving a Torricellian vacuum in the vessel, which could be removed after shutting off the stop-cocks.
- The sugar in ripe grape juice is practically invert sugar, i.e.
- Fully inverted sugar contains 95% invert to 5% sucrose.
- All the original Dutch telescopes were composed of a convex and a concave lens, and telescopes so constructed do not invert.Advertisement
- In 1900 an outbreak of "peripheral neuritis" with various skin affections occurred in Lancashire, which was traced to beer made from glucose and invert sugar, in the preparation of which sulphuric acid contaminated with arsenic was said to have been used.
- In this connexion Pasteur showed that ioo parts of cane sugar on inversion gave 105.4 parts of invert sugar, which, when fermented, yielded 51.1 parts alcohol, 49.4 carbonic acid, o.
- You use both analog sticks to move and view, and you could invert the view horizontally and vertically, but I had a hard time finding a good balance.
- This name is applied to the numerous fine caecal tubes of noticeable length developed from the proctodaeal invert of ectodermal origin in Hexapods.
- Place the glass or cup containing your warm saline soak over your piercing and invert it so that the solution covers the piercing.Advertisement
- Of especial note is the transformation of maltose by maltase into glucose, and of cane sugar by invertase into a mixture of glucose and fructose (invert sugar); other instances are: lactose by lactase into galactose and glucose; trehalose by trehalase into glucose; melibiose by melibiase into galactose and glucose; and of melizitose by melizitase into touranose and glucose, touranose yielding glucose also when acted upon by the enzyme touranase.
- The hexoses so obtained are not necessarily identical: thus cane sugar yields d-glucose and d-fructose (invert sugar); milk sugar and melibiose give d-glucose and d-galactose, whilst maltose yields only glucose.