Intravascular sentence example
- If disseminated intravascular coagulation is present, the patient should be treated with heparin.
- The primary PA involved in intravascular fibrin degradation is tPA.
- Intravascular injection (should be prevented by checking the needle position with radio-opaque dye ).
- Disseminated intravascular coagulation (DIC) is a condition in which blood clots occur within blood vessels in a number of tissues.
- Disseminated intravascular coagulation, also known as consumption coagulopathy, is not a disease in itself but a clinical emergency that occurs as a result of other diseases and conditions.Advertisement
- Disseminated intravascular coagulation (DIC) occurs when the malfunction of clotting factors causes platelets to form clots in small blood vessels throughout the body.
- As of 2004 it was not precisely understood why or how these various disorders lead to uncontrolled intravascular coagulation.
- These include severe infection, disseminated intravascular coagulation, and cirrhosis of the liver.
- Serial tests may also be recommended, because a single coagulation parameter measured at any one moment may not reveal the rapidly progressive intravascular process.
- When disseminated intravascular coagulation occurs, progression can be rapid, and treatment is complicated by the large variety of possible underlying causes.Advertisement
- Postoperative complications are common, including wound infections and lack of healing, persistent sepsis and bowel necrosis, and a serious internal bleeding disorder known as disseminated intravascular coagulation.
- The Australian venom and that of all viperine snakes, perhaps also that of the cobra, if introduced rapidly into the circulation, occasions extensive intravascular clotting.
- In the intravascular coagulation experiments above described, all the rabbits were carefully weighed, and the amount of nucleoproteid injected until coagulation occurred was measured.