Intransigent sentence example
- Howie remained intransigent in restricting his gift to the rescue children.
- The intransigent majority refused to listen to a last eloquent appeal that Castelar made to their patriotism and common sense, and they passed a vote of censure.
- Of the newspapers of Havana the most notable is the El Diario de la Marina (established in 1838; under its present name, 1844 morning and evening), which was almost from its foundation an official organ of the Spanish government, and generally the mouthpiece of the most intransigent peninsular opinion in all that concerned the politics of the island.
- Such a statesman was sure to clash with the doctrinaires, like Salmeron, who wanted to imitate French methods; with Pi y Margall, who wanted a federal republic after purely Spanish ideas of decentralization; and above all with the intransigent and gloomy fanatics who became the leaders of the cantonal insurrections at Cadiz, Seville, Valencia, Malaga and Cartagena in 1873.
- BT is trying to create business links with the music industry at the same time as being completely intransigent to the issues of piracy.Advertisement
- intransigent opposition to contraception.
- intransigent attitude by the EU troika.
- enough tho to persuade all the audience, for there are some intransigent views out there!
- I think the ACP countries were very badly advised to be so intransigent over the Singapore Issues.
- I point out that I am doing it as a public service, and earning nothing from it, but they remain intransigent.Advertisement
- intransigent position.
- intransigent view of the matter.
- intransigent stance of some of the newer arrivals in Hebden Bridge.
- intransigent, militant trade unions holding the country to ransom.
- This could result in further industrial action in May if the company remains intransigent.Advertisement
- Discussions on the Commission's proposal have reached a new low of shamefulness with the current EU Presidency, Spain, proving particularly intransigent.
- Cooking oils that dreck i mean being intransigent said.