Intramuscular sentence example
- Do not mix cyclizine or prochlorperazine with diamorphine for intramuscular or bolus subcutaneous injection.
- The first intramuscular injection (shot) is important because based on this experience the parent and child build an attitude toward future injections.
- From this has developed the intramuscular injection of diluted sea-water in the treatment of gastro-enteritis, anaemia and various skin affections.
- A serological response following intramuscular or intradermal application is present at 14 days with a minor delay for intradermal application is present at 14 days with a minor delay for intradermally vaccinated 6 week old pigs.
- Narcotics are available in many different forms, ranging from oral, intramuscular, and intravenous preparations to patches that can be applied to the skin (fentanyl).Advertisement
- Nutritional therapy includes supplementation with B complex vitamins, especially vitamin B 12 (intramuscular injection of vitamin B 12 is most effective).
- Chemotherapy given by intramuscular injection is absorbed into the blood more slowly than IV chemotherapy.
- All three vaccines are given by intramuscular injection.
- "Doses as high as 1 mg (1000 mcg) daily by mouth or 1 mg monthly by intramuscular (IM) injection have been used … without significant side effects.
- For comparison, with 10 mg intramuscular morphine about 53% of patients get more than 50% pain relief.Advertisement
- This can be used as a guide to the dose of intramuscular opioid that may be given in relative safety on the ward.
- Given the right conditions, a dose as low as 10 virus particles by intranasal or intramuscular routes can infect young pigs 10.
- The frequent association of heat-stroke with malaria is to be borne in mind in the treatment of heat hyperpyrexia, for, should the temperature of the patient not subside rapidly after treatment with cold sponging in a current of air or cold baths and ice, an intramuscular or intravenous injection of in grains of quinine bihydrochloride should be given without delay.
- Intramuscular (IM) chemotherapy is injected into a muscle.
- These children should probably not receive intramuscular injections.Advertisement
- Inactivated influenza vaccine contains killed viruses and is given by intramuscular injection.
- In ccllapse following severe haemorrhage and in sudden and accidental arrest of the heart or respiration during chloroform narcosis an intramuscular injection of 1 gr.
- All medications for ITP are given either orally or intravenously; intramuscular injection is avoided because of the possibility of causing bleeding into the skin.