Intima sentence example
- They supposed that it was accompanied by a peculiar hyaline thickening of the arterial wall, usually of the tunica intima, and hence they termed the supposed diseased state " arterio-capillary fibrosis," and gave the fibrous substance the name " hyaline-fibroid."
- These soluble salts combine with the albumins in the body, and are deposited as minute granules of silver albuminate in the connective tissue of the skin papillae, serous membranes, the intima of arteries and the kidney.
- Can you identify the endothelium, and underlying connective tissue of the tunica intima layer in this photograph?
- The tunica intima has an endothelium of flattened endothelial cells.
- intima layer in this photograph?Advertisement
- tunica intima.
- B. Venous valves are folds of tissue formed from the endothelial lining of the tunica intima.