Interrogative sentence example
- The verb may be preceded by an affirmative, a negative, or an interrogative particle.
- The interrogative pronouns are substantival pwy ?
- In a simple interrogative sentence the introductory particle before the verb is a, and the positive answer consists in a repetition of the verb; a ddaw Dafydd ?
- In the third example it would be the interrogative pronoun "was."
- There are personal, demonstrative, interrogative and reflexive pronouns, as well as an indefinite article, which is also the numeral for " one."Advertisement
- In sentences in which a noun comes first, the interrogative particle is ai, and the answer is always, positive tie, negative nage; as ai Dafydd a ddaw ?
- Demonstrative adjectives and adverbs are formed by prefixing the syllable ha (=ecce, " behold") to other pronominal elements, and interrogatives similarly by prefixing the interrogative syllable ay; but there are other interrogative pronouns.
- In negative and interrogative sentences this rhetorical use does not occur.
- As in Bantu, the verb presents a multiplicity of forms, including one present, three past and future tenses, with personal endings complete, passive, interrogative, conditional, elective, negative and other forms, each with its proper participial inflexions.
- Quien, the interrogative pronoun which has taken the place of the old qul, seems to come from q u e rn.Advertisement