Internode sentence example
- A single internode of each shoot is swollen to form a pseudobulb.
- A young upper internode revolved, judging from three revolutions, at an average rate of 1 hr.
- But what will happen when elongated internode is crossed with the wild type?
- After the twenty-first revolution, the penultimate internode was 2.5 inches long, and probably revolved in a period of about three hours.
- An internode bearing immature tendrils made two revolutions, each in 3 hrs.Advertisement
- The points on the stem at which leaves appear are called nodes; the part of the stem between the nodes is the internode.
- 31, leaf 1 arises from a node n; leaf 2 is separated from it by an internode m, and is placed to the right or left; while leaf 3 is situated directly above leaf 1.
- The sheath is often of great length, and generally completely surrounds the culm, forming a firm protection for the internode, the younger basal portion of which, including the zone of growth, remains tender for some time.
- Each bundle runs downwards through one internode and then divides into two branches which insert themselves on the alternating bundles entering at this node.
- In the cortical tissue beneatJI each furrow a wide intercellular space is present running the length of the internode, and called the (C, D, E from Strasburger's Lehrbuch der Bolanik, by permission of Gustav Fischer.) FIG.Advertisement