Internment sentence example
- By the end of 1975, the government ended internment.
- As a German living in England during World War I, he was sent to a British internment camp, where he rigged the hospital bed springs to create a form of exercise machine.
- He was deposed on April 2 7, and sent to Salonika for internment and safe-keeping; and his successor, as Sultan Murad V., was proclaimed the same day.
- The second part of the novel moves on three years to the internment camp where Jim has spent the war.
- The ATCSA 2001 introduced many extra powers including internment.Advertisement
- Unequivocally, they declared that internment was unacceptable and that the law permitting it must be changed.
- Jim himself was on the run from the authorities for 18 months before his eventual capture and subsequent internment in 1941.
- Thirty graves were opened at Cymmer Independent Chapel's graveyard, and a mass internment of victims took place on Thursday 17th July.
- Visual poetry. link 29th October Peruvian Japanese internment - My Family Story.
- Tuesday 19 October 1971 A group of five Northern Ireland Members of Parliament (MPs) began a 48 hour hunger strike against Internment.Advertisement
- Friday 5 December 1975 End of internment The last 46 people who had been interned without trial were released.
- Indeed, the present Government repealed the power to reintroduce internment after it came to office in 1997.
- Or perhaps now indefinite internment without trial if one happens not to be a British citizen.
- Repatriation of Remains Benefit - Covers the cost of returning the person's body to their home for internment or cremation if they happen to die while on their trip.
- Any honorably discharged veteran is eligible for internment in Arlington, most frequently in the columbarium.Advertisement
- Since there was no longer a Parliament, or any personal immunity, the military authorities established unlimited police rule, which seemed to be obsessed with terror of its own citizens; anyone who seemed to them suspect was subjected to internment in concentration camps.
- In the single internment camp of Arad there were 3,400 deaths among the victims from Bosnia alone; and Father Nikolic, a Catholic priest from Istria, testified to having himself buried over 2,000 Istrian victims, and Doctor Martinovic to a knowledge of 8,000 fatal cases in the Styrian camps.
- Under the old Internment Statute of 1789, the Attorney-General was authorized by the President to intern dangerous enemy aliens and by an Act of Congress the Alien Property Custodian assumed charge of enemy aliens' property.