Interlopers sentence example
- 54-26, which would lay open the author to the bitter accusations launched against the interlopers of 2 Cor.
- The Dutch barrier was broken down by the arrival of Dampier and other " interlopers " from the east, and of emissaries from the (English) East India Company in search of spice-bearing lands.
- The establishment of internal tranquillity, the expulsion of interlopers and marauders like Turks and Uzbegs, the introduction of salutary laws and the promotion of public works of utilitythese alone would render remarkable his two-score years of enlightened government.
- He ruled with moderation, reformed the system of taxation, obtained notable concessions from the Mahrattas, and increased the trade of the port by the admission of "interlopers."
- There were requests that the bishops should be judged according to the rules, protests against the interlopers, demands for the restoration of the bishops to their sees.Advertisement
- It propagated freedom of speech while f the defeated confederacy, subjected to Yankee interlopers and groping for a new identity (pp.
- MPs, understandably, were less enthusiastic about having nosey interlopers in their midst.
- He believes the alien interlopers can never have a soul of their own.
- On the one hand, indeed, orthodoxy and heresy are symbolized to his mind by the wheat and the tares respectively; he clings to the naive opinion of Catholicism, that contemporary orthodoxy has prevailed within the Church from the first; he recognizes the true faith only in the mystery of the Trinity; he judges heretics who have been already condemned as interlopers, as impudent innovators, actuated by bad and self-seeking motives; he apologizes for having so much as treated of Arianism at all in his history of the Church; he believes in the inspiration of the ecclesiastical councils as much as in that of the Scriptures themselves.