Interloper sentence example
- They sprinted, only to find the interloper faster.
- Jule's arm shot out to block the interloper's progress toward them.
- But the long expected heir failed to come, and Bianca realized that if her husband were to die before her she was lost, for his family, especially his brother Cardinal Ferdinand, hated her bitterly, as an adventuress and interloper.
- Also, yesterday, he detected an interloper trying out the machining demo on this freesteel server, which was cool.
- There was one European interloper, an Eifel, tucked away in a back room.Advertisement
- To do so would force Englishmen to choose and they might choose to fight for their God ordained King against the foreign interloper.
- Also, it's good etiquette to purchase a bottle of the winery's wine and not get caught drinking some outside interloper's.
- I'm the interloper and a single.
- The Welsh triads know no fewer than three Gwenhwyfars; Giraldus Cambrensis, relating the discovery of the royal tombs at Glastonbury, speaks of the body found as that of Arthur's second wife; the prose Merlin gives Guenevere a bastard half-sister of the same name, who strongly resembles her; and the Lancelot relates how this lady, trading on the likeness, persuaded Arthur that she was the true daughter of Leodegrance, and the queen the bastard interloper.
- So invaluable, indeed, did he become to the civil power, that, despite the determined opposition of the Russian clergy, who regarded "the Light of Kiev" as an interloper and semi-heretic, he was rapidly promoted, becoming, in 1718, bishop of Pskov, and finally, in 1724, archbishop of Novgorod.Advertisement
- In April 1732 the leading metropolitan publishers, jealous of the interloper Cave, started the London Magazine, or Gentleman's Monthly Intelligencer (1732-1784), which had a long and prosperous career.