Interlocked sentence example
- The Geo-Globe and the Deck-Cetra interlocked units aren't as obvious.
- A self-contained water coolant supply is fully interlocked to prevent furnace operation without coolant flow.
- The junction is currently controlled by ground frame electrically interlocked from Wareham signal box.
- In free-barrel cranes the lifting barrel is connected to the revolving shaft by a powerful friction clutch; this, when interlocked with the brake and controller, renders electric cranes exceedingly rapid in working, as the barrel can be detached and lowering performed at a very high speed, without waiting for the lifting motor to come to rest in order to be reversed.
- In shunting yards the points are commonly set in the required direction by means of hand levers placed close beside the lines, but those at junctions and those which give access from the main lines to sidings at wayside stations are worked by a system of rods from the signal cabin, or by electric or pneumatic power controlled from it and interlocked with the signals (see Signal: § Railway).Advertisement
- The symbol, known as Vesica Piscis, depicts a sword dividing two interlocked circles and foliage to symbolize the Glastonbury Holy Thorn.
- Loch Ness Monster: This steel looping coaster has interlocked vertical loops that are as photogenic as they are exciting.
- The double-G pattern is almost as renowned as the label itself, and features one forward-facing G and one backward-facing G interlocked with one another.
- This means that the wool fibers have interlocked so the sweaters won't unravel when you cut them.
- Keeping your fingers interlocked, rotate your fingers so that they're facing your body and your palms are facing outward.Advertisement
- The skeleton of the Alcyonacea consists of separate calcareous spicules, which are often, especially in the Nephthyidae, so abundant and so closely interlocked as to form a tolerably firm and hard armour.
- Now we have an interlocked banking system that moves money around the world at light speed.