Interglacial sentence example
- We have been in the present interglacial for about 10,000 years.
- The last interglacial, from about 70,000 to 130,000 yr BP, was typical in this respect.
- However, during the Ipswichian interglacial a rising sea filled The Wash, the large embayment bordering northwest Norfolk.
- During the milder interglacial period some southern types, such as Rhododendron ponticum, still held their own, but ultimately succumbed.
- The complexity of the glacial period and its subdivision into several glacial epochs, separated by interglacial epochs of considerable length (certainly longer than the postglacial epoch) has a structural consequence in the superposition of successive till sheets, alternating with non-glacial deposits, and also a physiographic consequence in the very different amount of normal postglacial erosion suffered by the different parts of the glacial deposits.Advertisement
- Four defined zones of interglacial deposits are detected, all of which are thought to represent great recessions of the ice, or perhaps its entire disappearance.
- The climate of some of the interglacial epochs was at least as warm as that of the present time in the same regions.
- Similar interGlacial deposits in Tirol contain leaves of Rhododendron ponticum.
- When the warmer interglacial periods recurred the polar and continental ice-caps melted and the sea-level became raised again - that is, there was submergence of the eroded plateaux formed as indicated above.