Intercontinental sentence example
- The greatest of the intercontinental seas, the Arctic, comes nearest to oceanic conditions in the extent and depth of its depressions.
- Telegraphs.-The inception of the Persian Gulf telegraphs, which formed the first links in an intercontinental chain, was dictated not by local interests, but by broad considerations of national advantage.
- Four great intercontinental enclosed seas are included between adjacent continents - the Arctic Sea, the Central American or West Indian Sea, the Australo-Asiatic or Malay Sea and the Mediterranean Sea.
- The Mediterranean Sea, the best-known member of the intercontinental class, is separated from the Atlantic Ocean by a ridge running from Cape Spartel to Cape Trafalgar on which the greatest depth is only 175 fathoms. The depth increases so rapidly towards the east that soundings exceeding 500 fathoms occur off Gibraltar.
- American InterContinental University - This school offers associate or bachelor degree programs in interior design at their campuses in South Florida, Atlanta, Los Angeles, London, and Dubai.Advertisement
- The family-friendly hotel chain, which is part of the InterContinental Hotels Group, has been a staple in the Bay Area for decades.
- intercontinental flights leave.
- The terminal is located less than 45 minutes from the Houston Hobby International Airport and about an hour's drive from the Houston Intercontinental Airport.
- Though restricted to intercontinental flights, Ryanair is one of the lowest-cost airlines in the world.
- intercontinental ballistic missiles, contrary to long-standing US arms control goals.Advertisement
- They have continued to build far more intercontinental ballistic missiles than they could possibly need simply to deter an attack.
- Soft drinks group Britvic, owned by InterContinental Hotels, Whitbread and Pernod Ricard, is planning a floatation next month.
- intercontinental travels, birds rely on refueling stations.
- intercontinental trade to the bulk transport of raw materials, shipping today has become the lynchpin of the global economy.
- intercontinental range by the year 2005.Advertisement
- intercontinental missile system is what we shall need.
- A: When you get old, so do your bowels and you get intercontinental.
- And starting in September of this year we began integrating ship-based and ground-based radars into our test against intercontinental ballistic missiles.