Intercede sentence example
- Now the father has come to intercede for him.
- In 64 he went to Rome to intercede on behalf of some priests,.
- Rostov, in dismay, began justifying himself, but seeing the kindly, jocular face of the general, he took him aside and in an excited voice told him the whole affair, asking him to intercede for Denisov, whom the general knew.
- The marriage was zealously opposed by Archbishop Malger of Rouen and Lanfranc, the prior of Bec; but Lanfranc was persuaded to intercede with the Curia, and Pope Nicholas II.
- At the time of the invasion of the Gauls in 391 B.C., on the other hand, Clusium was on friendly terms with Rome; indeed, it was the action of the Roman envoys who had come to intercede for the people of Clusium with the Gauls, and then, contrary to international law, took part in the battle which followed, which determined the Gauls to march on Rome.Advertisement
- He later related how incredibly difficult it was to watch that happen and be powerless to intercede.
- It was Dean's idea to telephone Jake Weller to intercede in breaking the news in the appropriate places that at least half the search was now unnecessary.
- Dean guessed Shipton wanted Janet to somehow intercede in getting him into Bird Song, before he was able to obtain a room on his own.
- As Pickering was held responsible for Franklin's imprisonment, some of Franklin's followers in retaliation kidnapped Pickering and carrying him into the woods, tried in vain for nearly three weeks to get from him a promise to intercede for Franklin's pardon.
- Rejoice, ye first Christians who brought wisdom from Rome and never cease to intercede for us with Christ our God.Advertisement
- Do thou now intercede with Christ our God for us sinners who honor thee.