Intensively sentence example
- As illustrative of agricultural conditions the contrast of the products of farms operated by Indians, Chinese and whites is of considerable interest, the value of products (not fed to live-stock) per acre of the 563 Indian farms being in 1899 $1.40, that of the 16,876 white farms $4.67, and that of the 23 Chinese farms intensively cultivated and devoted to market vegetables $69.83.
- In addition, the river plains are intensively farmed.
- Debendra Nath Tagore sought refuge from the difficulty by becoming an ascetic. The "Brahma Samaj of India," as Chunder Sen's party styled itself, made considerable progress extensively and intensively until 1878, when a number of the most prominent adherents, led by Anand Mohan Bose, took umbrage at Chunder Sen's despotic rule and at his disregard of the society's regulations concerning child marriage.
- They were not, however, without quiet success, for these committees worked so intensively to create a public opinion favourable to woman's suffrage that immediately after the proclamation of the Austrian Republic in 1918 the vote was unanimously conceded to women, even the conservative parties agreeing to this.
- For students who do not have a considerable amount of experience with Power yoga, it is advisable to practice the style intensively for at least a year before beginning teacher certification in power yoga.Advertisement
- The population selected was all RAF helicopter aircrew using NVGs at RAF Aldergrove, Northern Ireland; this population uses NVGs intensively.
- Artificial insemination spreads fowl cholera, a major bacterial disease of intensively reared turkeys.
- Wherever horticultural crops are grown intensively, root knot nematodes are a problem.
- More than 25 percent would come from extensively managed forestlands and about 75 percent from intensively managed croplands.
- In the area around Barcelona vegetables and fruit are intensively cultivated.Advertisement
- Under some circumstances, it is possible to write a longer, intensively supervised, dissertation.
- We have learned that intensively managed pasture produces far more nitrous oxide than was suspected.
- In the real world, smokers puff and inhale more intensively on lower yielding brands and end up getting the same dose.
- It showed itself in a desire to throw off the governance of the missionaries, in a criticism of Protestant creeds as not adapted to Japanese needs, and in a slackened growth numerically and intensively.
- In that part of the island which is cultivated intensively some too million gallons of wine are annually produced.Advertisement
- Although studying folk music intensively, his work with Vujicsics is not an academic excercise, far from it.